The Axiom i3 is our most comfortable and easy-to-use BC yet. It is a feature-rich, ADV style, wrap-around jacket that incorporates the innovative i3 inflation/deflation system.
The integrated Wrapture™(patented) harness system allows you to stand up straight in total comfort while the cylinder remains perfectly vertical and pulled in close. Diving has never been this comfortable.
ABOUT Axiom i3
- The GripLock™ tank band and buckle system is a strong, secure system that comes standard on the Axiom i3. This robust and simple system secures safe bottle. Gone are the days of complicated web weaving and you don’t have to worry about pinching your fingers with the innovative finger saver feature.
- The Wrapture harness system, using the shoulder swivel buckles (patented) and a customized mini-backpack, provides comfort and stability while preventing “ride-up” at the surface
- The i3 Control System (patented) provides single touch control for inflation and deflation
- The low profile flat e-valves (patented) all open simultaneously when the i3 lever is depressed
- The GripLock tank band and buckle system provides security and easy change out of cylinders
- Technologically advanced ResisteK material resists fading and abrasion
- SureLock™ II weight pouches (patented) provide a simple, single pull release. Loading is as simple as insert and “click”
- Pull down oral inflator is easy to deploy, use and stow
- A bladder retraction system is used to pull in the sides of the bladder during deflation
- An adjustable chest strap can be raised or lowered on a rail system
- A scooped octo-pocket on the top, front of the right lobe makes it easy to stow and deploy an octopus. The octopus remains visible and accessible throughout the dive
- Some divers may find it useful to run their instruments behind the left pocket and out the scooped opening on the top, front of the lobe
- Pocket within a pocket – A small security pocket is found on the flap of a larger drop-down pocket
- Knife attachment points are found on the left lobe
- Features 5 stainless steel D-rings and 2 plastic D-rings for all of your accessories
- Right shoulder pull dump
- Rolled neck collar for comfort
Care & Maintenance
Care and Maintenance: BCDs
The following information is provided for products that do not have a specific owner's manual and is intended as a general guide for basic care and maintenance of your Scuba Equipment.
POST-DIVE CARE AND MAINTENANCE
With proper care, your BC will provide many years of reliable service. The following preventive maintenance must be performed to extend the life of your BC:
• Avoid prolonged exposure to direct sunlight and extreme heat. Nylon fabric can quickly fade when exposed to the sun’s ultraviolet rays, and extreme heat may damage the welded bladder seams.
• Avoid repeated or prolonged use in heavily chlorinated water, which can cause the BC fabric to discolor and decay prematurely.
• Do not allow the BC to chafe against any sharp objects or rough surfaces that could abrade or puncture the bladder. Do not set or drop heavy objects such as block weights on the BC.
• Avoid any contact with oil, gasoline, aerosols, or chemical solvents.
• To preserve the life of the bladder, rinse it inside and out with fresh water after every day of use, using the
►► Pressurize the power inflator with medium pressure (MP) air via the MP hose.
CAUTION: Before rinsing, ensure that the inflator is pressurized with air. This will prevent debris and contaminants from entering the valve mechanism if the inflator button is accidentally depressed.
►► Using a garden hose, direct water through the oral inflator mouthpiece or the Multiport to flush the interior of the bladder, and then thoroughly rinse the exterior of the BC.
►► Completely drain the bladder of water, either through the oral inflator or through the over-pressure relief valve.
►► After rinsing, inflate the BC, and allow it to dry inside and out.